Rancho San Jose de Buenos Aires Chapter

West Los Angeles, California

California DAR volunteering

Historic Markers

Our chapter has a plaque in Holmby Park (400 South Beverly Glen Boulevard at Comstock), which was dedicated 24 May 1954, to mark the site of Rancho San Jose de Buenos Aires, granted to Don Maximo Alanis. The land title was confirmed in 1843. The plaque may be found at eye level on the rear right column of the curved colonnade located between the children's play area and the picnic area.